NORTH AMERICAN PARTICIPANTS
I understand that North Americans will be a part of the International Group. Who else participates in the international group?
- Teens from various countries throughout Europe and North America and additional countries that do not send enough campers to have their own country group are part of the International Group. They are all between 14 and 18 years old and must have a satisfactory level of spoken English.
I am not 14 yet, can I apply?
- Unfortunately, you cannot apply. The International Group is for teenagers from 14 to 18 years old.
How many campers are in the International Group?
- Usually around 15, but it can be anywhere from 10 to 25 campers.
Will you be organizing an orientation in advance of camp so that I can meet other campers.
- Absolutely, we will be scheduling a couple of orientation sessions so that we can answer your questions and you can meet other campers in advance. We will let you know when those sessions are scheduled.
What is the daily schedule of the International Group?
- Participants of the International Group have the same schedule as all the other groups (3 activities in the morning, 3 activities in the afternoon and an evening program). You can find an example of the daily schedule under the F.A.Q. tab here: https://szarvas.camp/en/taborozas/altalanos
What about rooming, how are they accommodated?
- Participants of the International Group live together in rooms which accommodate 4 to 8 people. The rooming is separated by gender.
What is the cost per camper?
- For 2023, the cost is $1,750 per camper. Need-based subsidies are available.
What is included in the price?
- The fee includes the camp participation, transfer from Budapest to the camp and back.
- The fee excludes plane/bus tickets, health insurance.
I have applied to the International Group. Now what?
- The International Group has a selection process. After you have applied to one of the sessions, you will be contacted by our coordinator of the International Group and guided through further steps.
How many days does it take to get in?
- Typically, it takes up to 10 days to hear back from us. If you have not heard from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
I see that my status in the system changed from “waiting list” to “waiting for payment,” but I have not received an e-mail about it. What should I do?
- You should check your spam folder.
When and how should I pay the participation fee?
- The International Group has a selection process. Once you have been accepted to the group (have “waiting for payment” status in the registration system), please pay the participation fee. The payment methods may vary depending on the region. The individual participants of the International Group and those coming from the US should pay $1750 via a link sent to them by the coordinator.
When should I buy the tickets?
- After we received and confirmed the payment of the participation fee, you can purchase the tickets. Remember to send the information about your tickets to the coordinator of the International group.
When should my flight arrive and when should my flight back be?
- Each session starts on Sunday in the afternoon and ends on Friday after breakfast. Thus, we suggest that your flight arrives at Budapest airport in the morning on the first day of the session (on Sunday), and that your flight back is scheduled after 11:00 am on the last day of the session (on Friday).
Which airport should I fly to?
- Please choose a flight that lands in Budapest (BUD) airport.
How will my child get to the camp?
- The participants of the International Group arriving to Budapest individually (without organized group from their country of origin) will have organized transportation from Budapest (airport) to the camp.
How will I get to the airport from camp? Can I stay in the camp until the evening?
- In the morning of the last day of the session, you will get on the bus to Budapest, and we will provide you with a taxi voucher which you will be able to use to get a cab to the airport.
- Unfortunately, you cannot stay in the camp later than 11:00 am.
Can I switch sessions?
- In general, you can. It might happen that there are no places on the session you would like to be transferred to.
- Please let us know what session do you want to switch to.